Friday, 11 October 2013
Alive and happening
A research that I did at Sakhisizwe Senior Secondary School in Mdantsane nu13, showed me that suicide in early relationships is there and there are so many students who are affected by this. I had a talk with the grade 10,11, and 12, they all participated and gave me answers which were needed. In the grade 12 class I asked the students what is love it is amazing the answers that you get from high School students. Siphe Mxuku a grade 12 student said "love is supporting one another, encouraging each other, and helping each other with the problems that we deal with daily", I found this very powerful as I then asked is the love that we say we have to our boy/girlfriend this kind of love that Siphe has just described, another student Kolosa Unathi answered and said "when we first see a girl and claim that we are in love with them at first its not entirely true, at first we go there looking for something else which is sex, maybe after that then love grows". This is very true some teens after they have sex with the person that they claim to love they then see that NO this is not it, the dumping phase then enters that is when the teen thinks of suicide. The students were very open and honest telling me that that, they have tried to drink a lot of pills to try and end their lives, some say they took their fathers gun and tried to shoot themselves, some say they even tried to hang themselves but they couldn't get on with it. This is real teenage suicide is really alive and destroying our future. The Sakhisizwe research will continue on my next post.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment